Disclaimer: This website and the material covered is for informational purposes only. I take no responsibility for what you do with this knowledge.
Valentines day idea to treat your wife
Its that time of the year when every man wants to treat his loved one. You can do this by taking her to a fancy restaurant, or you can prepare some fine cuisine yourself.
Now not all of us are that comfortable in a kitchen, but we do like fire, I think we are born with the desire to make fire, even better make food on a fire. So I’ve thought of some ideas I’m going to try on my kettle grill. Even better if you can turn this into a picnic (somewhere you can make a fire).
If you going to this at home, then you don’t need to prep as much.
But first, make your wife feel comfortable, pour her a glass of champagne with a couple of berries. Also prepare some strawberries dipped in chocolate.
I’ve decided on a garlic bread.
- Use a french baguette and make cuts across the width, about 3/4 of the height.
- Finely chop 3 cloves of garlic.
- Mix the chopped garlic and 5 tbsp of butter in a small bowl.
- Generously fill the cuts in the baguette with the butter garlic mixture.
- Optional: grate some cheese (of your choice, e.g. cheddar) over the top of the baguette.
- Wrap the baguette in tin foil.
- Place it on a grid on the fire to melt the butter and cheese and lightly toast the baguette.
- Monitor it carefully as it can easily burn.
Main – grilled sausage and steak with salad on the side
- Shape sausage in the shape of an heart, use rosemary as skewers to shape the sausage.
- Grill the sausage and steak on a fire (wood or gas).
- Prepare a green salad using ingredients that your partner enjoys (if you don’t enjoy those ingredients, suck it up, its valentines day).
- Serve the sausage and steak on a plates and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Optional: Pour pepper sauce on the steak.
- Dish the salad on the side and enjoy.
This is a no fuss dessert.
- Put marshmallows on a stick or skewer.
- Toast it on the fire.
- Cuddle up and enjoy.