Quick and easy bbq basting sauce
Nothing beats meat grilled on a wood or charcoal fire. A good basting sauce enchances the flavour of the meat. This particular recipe is so simple and its ingredients you will most likely have in your pantry. I remember my grandmother always using it when preparing the meat for the fire. This bbq basting sauce works well with beef, pork, lamb and chicken. This recipe can be scaled up depending on the amount of meat you have to cook.
Equipment and Utensils
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp woscester sauce
- 2 tbsp chutney
- Optional – finely chopped fresh herbs of your choice (e.g. rosmary) to accompany your choice of meat
- Pour a cup of tomato sauce in a small bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of woscester sauce to the bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of fruit chutney to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until its all combined.
- Optional: Finely chop fresh herbs that will accompany the meat you are cooking. Add the herbs to the sauce and mix it again.
- Season your meat with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Coat the meat with the basting sauce using a basting brush.
- Continue basting the meat repeatedly while on the fire if you like a stronger, more intense flavour.