How to make cocktail party skewers
When hosting a party, one of the platters on the table is bound to be cocktail party skewers, I think most people have at least one as its easy to make and can be very versatile.
I decided to make one with my favourite pizza ingredients, it works as well on a skewer.
Equipment and Utensils
- Cocktail tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Mozarella cheese
- Black olives
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cut mozarella cheese into suitable sized cubes (aprox 3/4 inch) to fit on a cocktail skewer.
- Push a full or half cocktail tomato onto the skewer. This acts as a nice stopper to prevent the other ingredients from falling off.
- Push a cube of mozarella cheese onto the skewer.
- Push a full or half olive onto the skewer.
- Fold a slice of salami and push it onto the skewer.
- Fold a basil leave and push it onto the skewer.
- Repeat the process with the ingredients until the skewer is almost full.
- Push a full or half cocktail tomato onto the skewer as a stopper on the end.
- Arrange the skewers on a platter.
- Drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the top of the skewers.
- Season lightly with coarse salt and black pepper.
- Refrigerate until it is ready to be served.