Who feels like pizza?!!!
Ok, I don’t know about in your home, but in our house when we want pizza, we want it now, not in 3 hours time.
So this easy pizza recipe lets you do that, its ready in just 30 minutes, from making the dough, to eating the pizza. No waiting forever for the dough to rise.
Pizza is always best baked in the oven on a pizza stone, or of course in your wood fired pizza oven.
Note: If you don’t have a pizza stone, purchase one here.
You can also build a wood fired pizza oven for next time, see my DIY project ‘How to build a pizza oven’.
Lets get started with the dough.
Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups of flour (bread or all purpose flour)
- 0.25 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Before you start mixing the ingredients, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, or 230 degrees C. Put a pizza stone in the oven to heat it up.
- Pour one cup of warm water to a bowl.
- Add and dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour, salt and oil together in a mixing bowl, by hand or using a mixer.
Note: You can purchase a mixer here.
- Add the water mixture to the flour.
- Mixed the ingredient in the bowl together.
- Sprinkle flour onto a work surface.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and work it untill it becomes smooth. Shape the dough into a ball.
- Flatten the dough with your fingers, spreading it from the middle. You can also use a rolling pin if its easier.
- Once the dough is at your desired thickness, put the pizza on a lightly floured oven tray or dish.
- The pizza is ready for the topping to be added. Take the ‘less is more’, or ‘live a little’ approach with your toppings, your choice. Also see my post ‘pizza topping ideas’ for inspiration.
- Place the pizza in the oven for at least 15 to 20 minutes or until its done to your liking, monitor to prevent the pizza burning.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!!!