How to make creamy pepper sauce
Nothing accompanies a fine juicy steak better that a creamy peppercorn sauce. It goes well with other meats to. The are may recipes for pepper sauce, but I like this particular recipe.
Equipment and Utensils
- 3 tablespoons peppercorns
- 60g butter
- 1 onion, finey chopped
- 60ml brandy
- 100ml beef stock
- 80ml double cream
- Crush the pepper corns using a pestle and mortar.
- In a frying pan, which is on high, add the butter. Saute the onion until golden brown.
- Add the peppercorns and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the brandy and boil it for about 3 minutes.
- Add the beef stock and boil for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to about medium and stir in the cream.
- Let it reduce to the desired thickness. Do not let the sauce boil.
- Remove from the heat and serve over your favourite meat.
Suggestion: Try grilled steak with your peppercorn sauce and asparagus on the side.