Work lunch idea
Do you ever wonder what you can take to work for lunch. I like to have something healthy, yet filling for lunch, its a long day. I want to feel like I’ve eaten something substantial.
This salad does just that. It combines healthy greens, protein and a carb on the side.
- 150 grams (5 ounces) of beef, either steak or roast
- Spinach leaves
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- Potatoes (1 large or 2 smaller)
- Sear the beef in a skillet with chopped garlic and season with salt and black pepper to your liking. I like my meat done rare, so its doesn’t stay in the skillet too long.
- Let the beef rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the beef into suitable sized pieces for a salad.
- Reduce the cup of balsamic vinegar in the skillet.
- Layer spinach leaves and beef in a mason jar. Add enough spinach to almost fill the jar.
- Add the cherry tomatoes on top.
- Pour the balsamic reduction over the salad in the jar.
- This step can preferably be done at work, but can also be done at home. Prick the potatoes with a fork. Place the potatoes on a plate and microwave them for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the contents of the jar to the plate.
- Season the potatoes to your liking and enjoy.